Saturday, October 23, 2010

Love Story

A love that Waits Patiently
by Thai


There are things in this world that we can’t even see, sometimes we can’t even touch but we can always feel it within our hearts.
I have a friend. Every morning he wonders. Every day he prays and every night he dreams.
Listen to this story.
This is his tale:


Since the moment I saw her, there hasn’t been a day without her and I think there never will be.

I wish I could just forget and let go. Sometimes we grow stronger not by holding on but by letting go. I don’t know what it is but even though she loves someone else I still can’t be with someone else. Trying to forget someone that you really like is just the same as trying to remember a face that you have never seen before.

When I heard that she has a boyfriend my heart just sank. It took me a few days to accept the truth. In the end I did accept the truth but I felt a bit saddened. My heart was cut deep. I heard that time heals wounds and its true my heart healed itself but everyone knows, a wound always leaves a mark or scar behind.

In time I started to feel happy for her but I was still sad.

Not long after a few months a few friends started to notice that I was feeling quite blue. Of course they knew I was heart broken. People started to question me. What happened? Argument at home? Parents hit you?
I didn’t know what to say I didn’t want them to know.

In the long run my friends did find out. They knew the person I liked. They knew what I was feeling. I wasn’t the type to bring my problems out to the world. I keep them inside & that’s what makes me vulnerable. I use to be able to put on a fake smile and say “I’m ok, everything’s fine” but now that doesn’t work any more.

I decided to break my silence. I admitted to them. Yes I do love her and yes I do feel sad but I am happy for her. It made me feel better. It was good to have friends like them. When birds fly high they become hard to catch but good friends in life was hard to find. I was lucky to find good friends. I’ve only known them for a few months but still I felt as if we’d known each and everyone of us before. I learnt form them that friendship is not determined by time but by how much you value each other. I learnt that its not how long you’ve been together but its how you value each other.

Everyday. Every day I spend so much time thinking about her. She takes up so much of my time I don’t seem to find enough time to think all the other thoughts I want to think. I find the days to short to walk all the walks I want to walk and the nights to little dream of all the things I want to dream of.

All I can do now is watch her from afar and pray for her. If I do any thing else I would be just interfering with her relationship. I’m happy for her. She has everything a girl could ever want. A loving family, great friends and a man to always stand beside her.

Am I in love? I do not know. Is this a crush? I don’t have the answer but what ever it is it just is. Love is so complex. It can’t be seen nor touched but only felt. I guess love is just love. There isn’t any phrase or explanation for it. Love is Love. You can’t explain it and if you can then I guess its not Love after all.

I use to think that if she was happy then I would be happy. And this is true, I am happy for her.  There is just this feeling of emptiness I have inside. I am happy for her but why do I feel so lonely and so sad? I ask myself so many questions and searching for answers but in time I find myself asking more then answering them.
I don’t know how to explain it but it is a deep moving feeling.

When we talk we don’t say much at all. Sometimes we don’t even talk but when we leave I feel that I had the best conversation with her ever. There are so many things I want to say to her but I can’t, there are so many things I want to do with her but I can’t. I am only one person and I can’t do everything. Though I can’t do everything I can still do something. For this reason, I won’t say no to do what ever I can to help her when she needs it.

For now I can’t do anything. She has boyfriend. She has a soul mate. I’m here left alone. Some guys are like me, they’re missing a one special person in their life and some other guys have all that they ask for. I hope that the person she’s with gives her the happiness she deserves. I prey that he will love her and cherish her. I wish that they would have a happy life together.

They say that one of the greatest happiness’s in life is to love and be loved. I’m starting to question that theory but am too scared because I still want to believe that that statement is true. It hurts a lot but its true. One of the greatest things to overcome in life Is to watch that special person you love, one of the hardest things in life is to watch the person you love , love someone else.

Nothing. I can nothing but dream of her. Still, that still doesn’t matter because if God only allowed me to see her in my dreams then I’d ask him to let me to sleep forever.
There and only there in my dreams I can say all the things I’ve longed to say to her.

Yes she does love her boyfriend and her boyfriend does love her. True its all true but I’ve decided. Every time I do something I’ll do it for her. I’ll do it for him as well. I’ll do it for the both of them. Every time I laugh, cry and every time I smile it’ll be for her.

I love her. I love her still, I always have and in this life and in the next I always will.


I’ll just dream and wait for now. If things don’t work between them I’ll be ready. When I wake up from my dream I hope that she is lying besides me. I’ll wait for as long as she likes. She can stay in this world for as long as she wants because waiting for her my eternity doesn’t even come close to a second. I’ll wait patiently until that day comes.

She’ll find out one day. She probably already have. When she does find out and if she is still with her boyfriend I hope she understands how I felt. If not then I hope she can remember me and smile. I hope she can remember me and smile and if she can't then id rather have her forget about me then remembering me and crying.

Now I’ll just pray for her. I’ll pray for whoever can hear this and grant me this wish. I pray that she will have a happy life. I pray that all her wishes will come true. I pray that the person she is with will cherish her with his life. I pray happiness for her and for him. For the both of them.

Can this be love? Who knows? I’ll just be friends with her now. I won’t walk in front of her and be her leader. I won’t walk behind her and be her follower but instead I’ll walk besides her and be her friend.

Perhaps I’ll find another love. Perhaps I won’t.  Whether I find one or not at this moment I don’t care but for now, I’ll just dream of her in my sleep.I'll sit, I'll wait, I'll wonder, I'll wish, I'll sleep and then I'll dream. I’ll dream of her as if I’ll live forever and when I wake up with her besides me we’ll live life together as if we’d die tomorrow.

I’ll wait patiently until that day.


Notes From The Author:
This is how my friend feels for this girl at school.

I'd like to dedicate this to her on his behalf.

This is a story for those who love someone but can never be with that someone for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment